Looking for tools that can bring your label's branding to your next level? Or maybe you just need some images/videos for your next release's promotion?
Whatever it is you're looking for, our list of design assets has it. Check out our picks for creative software and graphic elements to see if it matches with what you need.
Free Images and Videos
- These are simply the best for Instagram Stories and TikTok videos. Choose from urban lifestyle videos to abstract footage for your vertical music videos.
- Just type in ‘abstract’ into the search bar and see the hundreds of videos.
- I always seem to find what I want on Pexels. Try typing ‘dancing’ into the search bar to see what I mean.
- This has a good mix of free and premium options. Type ‘music’ into the search bar to get an idea.
- This has great nature & aerial video for use in your chilled out videos.
Fee/Subscription-based Images and Videos
- Shutterstock is good as you can pre-buy five quality professional images for $29 and use them any time.
- Envato Elements is excellent as they have thousands of templates you can edit in Adobe and Microsoft’s popular app formats.
- This has thousands of editorial assets, which are ideal for using in teaser trailer videos at a very good price.
Once you have all of these assets, you will need to use a design application to edit them for your own assets.
- Canva is free and comes with loads of presets for social media standard sizes and formats such as Facebook banners and Instagram shoutouts. You can upload your own assets into Canva as well, so you don’t have to rely on their image templates.
- Photoshop is a more complex program with a steeper learning curve, but there are loads of inbuilt tutorials when you subscribe to the app (£10/$10 a month at the time of writing), and if you follow the tutorials, you’ll be a Photoshop ninja in no time.
- Affinity Photo is a low-cost image editing program, alternative to Photoshop. It’s more advanced than Canva, but not as in-depth as Adobe Photoshop. The big plus is that it’s a single purchase license, so you don’t have to pay for a monthly subscription.
- Creative Cloud is Adobe’s platform that hosts all its creative software such as Photoshop, Premier, Illustrator, After Effects and more.
- The great news is that they have a free version that gives you access to powerful editing apps for free, such as Spark, Rush, and XD.
- Adobe also has a range of mobile-only apps that are also powerful editing tools that I use and highly recommend (Photoshop Mix, Spark Post, and Spark Video).